Sometimes an employer might need to display employer paid benefits on the W-2 that were not tracked in TempWorks. An example would be employer paid health insurance adjustments that needs to appear in box 12 code DD on the W-2 but were not tracked in TempWorks. Clients can now use our import system to transfer the data into TempWorks themselves.
*Note* This is not the same as adding taxable fringe benefits.
*Note* You will need to create an adjustment for the Caf125 import if one does not already exist. The import process does not automatically create the adjustment.
- Fill out the S125 tracking spreadsheet that was sent out with the Year End letter.
- All fields are required except for SSN.
- You can only have one adjustment ID and one year per file. If you need to import data for multiple adjustments, split them up between multiple files.
- Save the file as a csv file.
- To do this, go to file > save as > choose your file location > select CSV as the save as type > name the file > hit save.
- . Verify that the YTD Employer Contributions column is a data type number. Do not include commas, dollar signs, etc.
- Please note that changing the Excel format or having unnecessary blank rows could cause errors during import.
- Navigate to pay/bill > actions menu > import
- Select Caf 125 Import as the import type.
- Click the folder icon to browse for and choose the text file you saved in step 2.
- Click import file to transfer the data into TempWorks. The import will associate the total YTD employer contribution amount to the most recent employee check.