The difference between a poor customer record and a great customer record is the attention paid to establishing default information. Default information will flow into other areas of Enterprise, such as orders, assignments, and invoices. So as long as our defaults are correct, life will be easy!
CUSTOMER RECORD SETUP CHECK LIST
These items can be setup when initially creating a new customer record:
What is the benefit?
1. Department Name: May be defined by customer terminology, invoicing, and/or worker comp codes. Ex. You likely would not have welders and data entry clerks sharing the same worker comp code, so they also would not share the same department.
- Allows users to create an organizational chart for the customer and track business (via reports and overall visual customer layout) by a specific department or for the entire organization.
- Ex. Who is the supervisor of each department? Who calls out the orders?
- Ex. What is our most profitable department?
- Ex. What department has the highest and lowest order fill ratio?
2. Worksite: The physical location(s) of the customer.
- Enterprise utilizes the worksite zip code to determine applicable tax jurisdictions. Thus, if the worksite zip code is accurate, taxes will be as well.
- Will automatically populate as the location you send your employees to work for new orders
- Employees may map directions to the worksite from WebCenter (So for example, we wouldn't want an employee getting directions to the corporate office if they should in fact report to a shipping facility!)
3. Worker Comp Code: Note that codes can be setup per department!
- The default code will automatically populate into orders and assignments created for the customer. This means decreased risk of selecting the incorrect code on the order.
- Run a variety of reports like Worker Comp Breakout and Worker Comp Summary by WCC.
4. Account Manager & Sales Team: The service rep that will be selling to and servicing the customer.
- Run searches to see the customers associated with each Account Manager/Sales Team.
- Run reports to see the gross profit produced by each Account Manager/Sales Team.
5. Branch: The office (which of your offices') that works with this customer.
This is a common and useful searching and reporting parameter:
- Ex. How many customers do we have billing in the Memphis branch?
- Ex. How do our sales compare across branches for the company?
6. Invoice Term: Determines how an invoice will age and when an invoice will be considered overdue.
- Ensures that your Invoice Aging reports will be accurate.
These items can be setup in the Details page of the Customer record:
|Field||What is the benefit?|
1. Status: TempWorks will default all new customers and departments to a status of Prospect.
- Searchable and a great tool for Account Managers/Sales Executives to organize and report on their Prospect, Sourcing, Target, Lost, and Active accounts.
- TempWorks will automatically update the status from Prospect to Hold for Credit Check the first time an order is created for the customer.
2. Contact Roles: Defines the responsibilities each contact has. Ex. You may use this feature to differentiate the Supervisor from the Order Taker.
- Established contact roles will automatically populate into orders created for the customer.
- Allows users to specify tools available to contacts in WebCenter, such as who is allowed approve timecards.
3. Interest Codes: The standard skills and/or qualifications that this customer looks for when hiring new employees.
- Interest codes are searchable. For example, if a recruiter finds a great candidate but no positions are open at the moment, they can search for customers by interest code and potentially proactively submit the resume.
- Established interest codes will automatically populate into orders created for the customer.
These items can be setup in the defaults page of the details section within the customer record:
|Field||What is the benefit?|
1. Multiplier Codes: Allows users to note the agreed upon markup for the customer. Multiple codes may be saved.
- The default code will automatically populate into orders and assignments created for the customer. This means decreased risk of calculating incorrect rates on the order.
2. Shifts: Allows users to note the existing shifts at a particular Customer.
- Established shifts will be available to select from a dropdown within the order. This means decreased risk of sharing incorrect shift information with candidates.
- Employees may view their Assignments shift info from WebCenter--no excuse for showing up at the wrong time.