What is Dispatcher?
Dispatcher allows large numbers of employees to be assigned to various orders on a daily/shift basis. With dispatcher these employees, their hours, transportation, repeats and no returns are made easy. Daily pay allows large numbers of employees to be paid quickly and easily.
*Note* Dispatcher must be configured with Tempworks before initial use can begin.
To access dispatcher, navigate to all options (1.), dispatcher (2.)
*Note* If you are not seeing dispatcher please work with your administrator to grant the correct security role.
We recommend running dispatcher at branch level within the hierarchy to ensure all data is pulling accurately. What is Hierarchy? Visit Hierarchy
Dispatcher is broken out into three sections :
- Orders (Tickets)
- Employees who are awaiting assignments
- Assigned Employees
*Note* Automatic refresh can be enabled. This is helpful when two dispatchers are working in the same office, the system automatically refreshes dispatcher with all updates from all service reps to view real time data.
Orders for dispatcher are referred to as "Tickets".
These tickets can be created like a traditional order but will need the order type of "DP" (daily pay) to be displayed in the dispatcher. Not sure how to enter an order? Visit Order KB article.
How to Add an Order from the Dispatcher:
If the order is not already created, you can also add a new ticket to the dispatch using the + icon in the Order Section.
This will open the new ticket window.
Enter the Following information:
- Enter the customer name or search for customer using the customer ID field.
- Select the worksite from the dropdown menu. Worksites must be created from the customer record See Departments vs. Worksites for more information.
- Select the Job title from the drop down
- Select shift from the drop down menu or enter start and end time
- Select proper worker comp code from the drop down
- Enter the number of employees requested under Number Required
- Select the multiplier code from the drop down if applicable
- Enter pay rate
- If multiplier code is selected, the bill rate will update once the pay rate is entered. If no multiplier is selected, enter the bill rate.
- If applicable, select the PO from the drop down
- Enter any applicable notes
- Select 'Save'
Searching for Dispatcher Tickets:
Users may look up tickets from the search field (1.) by:
- Ticket number
- Customer name
- Job Title
Toggle between Today's Orders or all Open Orders (2.) and right-click within the column headers (3.) to organize and manipulate columns within the list.
*Note* Users may double-click on the ticket to make any edits or changes to the order information.
Order Status Bar:
The order status bar will change colors and concentration based on how many positions have been filled and whether or not the ticket has been printed. Until the order is printed/emailed, the order status bar will also indicate how many have been assigned vs. how many are required to fill the order.
- White/ Silver- Indicates the number of assigned employees is greater than the number required
- Full Green- Indicates that the order is filled and all employees have arrived for the day
- Partial Green- Order has been partially filled by employees who have arrived for the day
- Red- No one is assigned yet
- Full Yellow- Order is pre-filled by repeat employees who have not yet arrived for the day
- Partially Yellow- Order has been partially filled by repeat employees who have not yet arrived for the day
- Check Mark- Order has been filled and printed/emailed
*Note* Once an order has been printed/emailed, if any changes to that order or its assigned employees is attempted, Enterprise will warn that the ticket has already been printed/emailed. This will reflect as a "soft stop", after any changes have been made the status bar will revert back to the proper status per the changes made.
Order (Ticket) Menu:
Users may right-click on a ticket for additional capabilities within the context menu (1.).
- Log Message- The message window will populate, select an appropriate action code and log a message in regards to the ticket
- View Order- Selecting this option will direct users to the actual order within Enterprise
- View Customer- Selecting this option will direct users to the actual customer record within Enterprise
- Print Ticket- Users may print the highlighted ticket, select dispatch to open the print window.
- Email Ticket- Users may email the highlighted ticket to the supervisors and other contacts tied to the order
- Repeat Ticket- Select to repeat the ticket and bring the employees who have been asked to be repeated back to the order.
- Pay Ticket- A pop out will allow the user to enter hours for this ticket, navigate to daily pay for additional instruction on how to pay the ticket #Daily pay
- Edit Ticket- Select to edit if changes need to be made on the ticket
- Cancel ticket- Will close the ticket (change the order status to closed) and remove it from the ticket list.
- Close ticket- Allows you the ability to close out tickets that will no longer be used. Improving load times within the Dispatcher window.
How to Repeat Tickets:
Right click and select repeat ticket
Enter the following information:
- Repeat Date- Enter the date the customer wants the employees to return
- Required- Enter the number of employees the customer has requested
- Repeat- Check to indicate that a specific employee should return e.g. (Carol, Dalyce, Sabrina)
- Direct- Check to indicate the employee will report directly to the jobDNA- Check to indicate if the employee has been asked not to return
*Note* Repeat tickets will be displayed in the orders (ticket) area with a full yellow order status bar. Employees who have been asked to be repeated will automatically be "attached" to the order.
How to Cancel a Ticket:
Right click on the ticket you want to cancel
Select Cancel ticket
Users must confirm the cancellation in the following window:*Note* Edit/Cancelling tickets once an order has been printed/emailed will populate a warning that the ticket has already been printed/emailed if any changes to the order or assigned employees are attempted. Any changes that have been made to the order will result in the status bar reverting back to the proper status once changes have been made.
How to Close a Ticket:
If a ticket is no longer in use, closing it can help keep dispatcher running fast.
Right click on the ticket you wish to close
Select 'Close Ticket'
The following prompt will appear before closing the ticket: Select 'Yes' to close the ticket.
Employees awaiting assignments:
Within the employees section users will have the ability to view employees who have signed in or called for that day/shift.
Select the check mark (1.) to sign in employees, the + (2.) to add new employees, or the stop sign to clear the labor hall (3.).
1. Signing in employees
When signing in an employee users may search by last name, aident (employee ID), or last four digits of the employees social security number.
*Note* If an employee name is not displaying when you are attempting to look them up, check to see if the employee record has been deactivated. If there is no record, proceed to adding employees.
Users may also select "Is Direct" if this person will be going to a job straight from home, or "Has Transportation" if this person has a vehicle.
If Has Transportation is selected users will be prompted to enter the number of passengers the employee can take with, select Save. In the following example Avery Johnson has a car and will be able to fit 3 passengers.
Once completed, a car will be displayed within the sign- in area for quick viewing:
Additionally once employees are signed in users can view information such as whether they've worked at the customer before, arrival time to the hall, ticket number, statuses, and more. Simply right-click within the column header to customize what is visible within the employee section.
Adding the hours columns will allow users to track hours the employee has for the current week depending on the column chosen. This will help ensure that employees hours are tracked properly depending upon whether it's customer specific or if they may be falling into the OT category.
Options for employees who are signed it:
Right-click on an employee to preview the employee context menu:
- Log a message- Allows users to log a message on the selected order/ticket
- View Contact Info- Displays the phone number for selected employee
- View Ticket- Select this option to navigate to the order the employee is assigned to
- View Employee record- Navigates back to the employee's record
- Edit Employee Check-in - Selecting this option allows users to change if the employee is direct, has transportation, or is a call back. Choosing requested call back indicates the employee has left the hall but wants a call back if a job comes in.
- Assign Employee- Choose this option to assign the employee to the current ticket selected
- Remove employee- Using this option will open the remove employee window. Users will enter the reason for removal from dispatcher while a message is simultaneously logged onto the said employee's record.
- Set DNA Status- Will set an assignment restriction for the current ticket
- Equipment checkout- Select from the equipment type drop down on any rented out equipment given to the employee
- Equipment Check-in- Displays the rented out equipment the employee has, once brought back select this option to clear any missing equipment
2. How to Add a New Employee Record from Dispatcher:
2. Adding Employ
If new employees show up for work they can be added by selecting the + icon. This will open the add new employee window, enter necessary required information.
Select 'save' to add the new employee record to Enterprise and add the employee to the dispatcher signed in employee section.
*Note* Keep in mind that employees will need to file an I-9, have an ACA hire date set if they are going to work, and a washed status of 'familiar' (or your company's equivalent) when they are assigned to a ticket. You can enter this information on the employee record.
3. Clear the hall
Once dispatching is completed, select to clear out the hall. When clearing out the hall users will have the ability to select to choose not to clear direct employees as they may be on call for a later shift or not to clear request callback employees, as this would create a call list for later shifts.
There are several ways to assign an employee to a ticket:
- Highlight the ticket to be filled, double-click on the employee you'd like to assign
- Highlight the ticket to be filled, right-click on the employee you'd like to assign, select assign employee
- Highlight the ticket, drag and drop the employee into the assigned employee section
- Highlight the ticket, select multiple employees you wish to place, choose assign employee
When assigning employees users will need to review assignment restrictions before placing the employees to the ticket.
Once all employees have been assigned to the ticket, navigate to the Assigned Employee List.
Options for Assigned Employees
Right-click within the assigned employees area to open the assigned employees menu:
- Log a message- Enter information related to the ticket and if desired, link the message to the employee
- View Contact Info- Select to obtain employee contact information, e.g. phone number, e-mail
- View employee record- Select to navigate to chosen employee record
- Edit employee check- Select to update information such as requested callback, has transportation etc.
- Check -in- Select this option if the employee is assigned and has come into the labor hall
- Unassign Employee- Choose this option if you wish to unassign the employee from the ticket
- Remove employee- Select this option if you wish to remove them from the assigned area, users may enter the reason for removal
- Set DNA status- Choose this option if the customer wishes for the employee not to return
- Transportation manager- Select this option to open the transportation manager: Users may verify the driver on the ticket as well as how many passengers they can take. As the ticket is filled, select the choose riders and assign them to whichever car they will be riding in.
In the following example Arnoldo will be riding with Matthew.
- Equipment check-out- Select this option to open the checkout window to track any employees who borrow equipment
- Equipment check-in- Select this option if an employee brings back the borrowed equipment by selecting "check-in"
Change Column Headers under Assigned Employees:
Right-click within the column header section to view additional information:
Dispatch Ticket Information:
Before employees are dispatched and tickets can be paid, users will want to select either print/e-mail the ticket. This will allow the company to enter hours and send back with the employee or email the staffing company with the allotted hours per employee.
Example ticket style:
*Note* The order print can be customized- please work with Tempworks on print customization.
*Note* Employees who were accidentally added to the ticket or should be unassigned should be removed prior to paying the ticket. Doing so will prevent any job history for that Customer.
To add employees that were not originally assigned to a ticket:
If employees are added to the ticket by hand and you need to pay the original employees plus the written in employees follow the below options:
- If the ticket is for the same day, you can check the added employees in and attach them through dispatcher to the ticket.
- If the ticket is for a previous day, you cannot check an employee in for a previous day therefore you must open the ticket in the order area. Users will need to manually create the assignments, return to dispatcher and pay the ticket. This will list all of the original employees plus the manually added employees.
From the order (1.), select the actions menu(2.) and click create new assignment (3.):
Assign the employees by SSN or by Name:
To Process Payroll for a Ticket:
To pay the ticket and process the employees payroll, navigate to the ticket you wish to process, right-click "Pay Ticket".
Within the instant-pay screen users may enter hours for employees assigned to the ticket, add adjustments, preview settings etc.
1. Entering hours
Users may enter hours the employee worked into the set all reg hours, this will auto-populate the hours into each employee record assigned to the ticket. In the following example both employees are assigned 8.5 hours with 3 OT:
If an individual employee works different hours, select the RT/ OT columns within the employee's line item and change the hours as needed. Additionally, users may change pay and bill rates accordingly within this section. In the following example Sabrina worked 40 hours with 5 OT.
2. Add Adjustments
If any employees have adjustments needing to be added to their transaction such as mileage, parking, etc. select the black arrow (1.) within the adj tab and add a new adjustment (2.) as shown:
Within the timecard adjustment window, select the adjustment type from the drop down. In the following example an equipment uniform deduction for boots has been applied to this employees transaction:
*Note* Positive amounts will increase the employee paycheck and/or invoice, negative amounts will decrease the amount of the paycheck and invoice.Users may enter as many adjustments as needed for each employee.
Once all hours are entered, select next (1.)to continue to process the payroll. If the instant pay run needs to be abandoned for any reason, incorrect hours etc.. select abandon run (2.). Doing this will bring the transaction back to the front of the entry process.
The following screen will appear as it is processing the hours and adjustment information:
Any additional items or errors that need to be looked at can be viewed within the process checks screen. Users should review the errors and understand what they mean before selecting the approved option. If corrections need to be made, select abandon run. In the following example the transactions are approved as the user will enter the ACA hire dates on the employees record, select continue to finish processing the checks
As payroll is being processed verify the correct printer information is setup, then users will be prompted with the following instant pay-process checks screen.
1. Select Yes, post this payroll run as complete. Checks will automatically be printed and posted.
2. if issues arise such as the printer ran out of checks or stopped working choose No, reprint this check run:
Select to reprint the entire payroll run, or a portion of the payroll depending upon where printing stopped.In the following example the chosen option is to reprint the entire payroll run, select continue to process the run back through. Verify starting check number, check sort information, and enter a stub memo if applicable.
Once payroll is completed the last screen should populate, select Finish.
*Note* If a ticket was previously short paid or a pay/bill rate is incorrect, you must manually create a new timecard from the assignment, and proceed to pay the employee the difference within the Pay/Bill area.
Based on system configurations, select the settings icon to verify bank and check information.
- Printer- Select the printer to send this group of checks to
- Bank Account- Select the bank account for which to process these checks
- Check Date- Select the date you wish to release your funds to your employee
- Check Sort- Select the order in which you would like the checks to come out of the printer
- Filter- Select from the drop down if you wish to separate out e-pays from live check transaction
If your system is configured to attach timecard images, an additional icon will be present. Clicking the timecard images button prompt users to add the timecard document either by scanning or opening the file from the appropriate area of the computer.
Once a timecard is attached the newly added timecard image will appear. Clicking on the add button will allow for additional timecards to be added. This timecard will be attached to the invoice when the invoice is printed/e-mailed.
*Note* More than one timecard image may be added if necessary by clicking again on the link new timecard icon.