The duplication of timecards is used to pay and or bill for two or more different transactions for one job during one weekend bill.
This might include:
- Commissions and Bonuses: An employee may receive a commission or bonus which may or may not be billed back to the customer
- Holidays: When an employee qualifies for holiday pay, this may or may not be billed back to the customer
- PTO: An employee may qualify for PTO or vacation pay
- Late Timecards: An employee may forget to turn in his/her timecard for a previous week end date
- Retroactive Raises: Where an employee should have received a raise but we failed to pay/bill for that raise
- Pay and Bill different amount of hours: Where a client make take advantage of a 4 hour guarantee
This document will discuss the steps to creating duplicating timecards.
*Note* Unless otherwise configured for your staffing company, duplication of timecards is used for taxable wages.
Creating Duplicate Timecards:
From the time entry dashboard, click to highlight the transaction to be duplicated, right click and select create duplicate timesheet:
This will create an exact duplicate of the highlighted transaction with the exception of hours, which will be reset to zero:
Duplicating Multiple Timecards:
Used to create duplicate timecards for multiple transactions at the same time, for instance; paying holiday or PTO to all employees who qualify.
From the time entry dashboard:
- Click to highlight the first transaction to be duplicated
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard
- Select the additional transactions to be duplicated
- Right click and select create duplicate timesheet
All duplicate transactions will be inserted with this pay code: