What’s New Version ∞2016.8.5:
- Created a procedure that will allow Tempworks employees and database administrators of self-hosted clients the ability to quickly and easily investigate why a particular order or orders do not post to the JobBoard. (UTroubleshootJobBoardOrders)
- The PO Number field in time entry will no longer be locked down if the transaction hasn’t gone through invoicing yet.
- Added an active column when searching for contacts/employees in the TWOutlook plugin. This column states whether the record you are looking at is active or not.
- Added some checks to ensure that Active shifts are returned when adding shifts to customers & departments.
- Optimized the invoice run posting procedure by removing parts that no longer existed. Made it easier to read for troubleshooting purposes as well.
- Reverted the sInvPrint_BuildStaging procedure to prevent some invoice editing issues.
- Improved performance on some new hire exports.
- Fixed some object not set to a reference of an object errors that could come up when navigating to Admin > Drop Down, Order > Integrations > Everify, and Assignment > Integrations > Everify.
- Removed total applicants, not yet started, in progress submitted, etc., counts from HrCenter. The numbers were causing too much confusion as to what they represented.
- Fixed an issue for self-hosted clients where they were not able to apply hotfixes more than a month out on an up to date enterprise build.
- Now after posting invoice payments, the cancel button is removed.
- The actions menu area in time entry will no longer shrink when selecting a transaction that has a long employee name.
- Addressed a start index error that could come up when deleting WebCenter timecards in time entry.
- Applied a local San Francisco employer tax of .75%. This will only show when the SFPayrollExciseTax config is on.