What are Customer Defaults?
The Defaults tab allows users to establish standards for multiplier codes and shifts that apply to the customer so they automatically flow into that customer’s orders. When properly set, this can be a powerful tool to expedite the creation of orders and eliminate making errors.
Navigate to the Customer record and select the Defaults tab:
Customer Default Options:
Multiplier codes, or markups, allow for the generation of a bill rate based on the pay rate when entered into the order's financial card.
Select the multiplier code option from the drop-down. Here, current multiplier codes can be viewed and new ones can be added. Click the '+' icon to open the add multiplier code window:
In the upper left hand corner, the system highlights the section users are currently viewing. The following example below shows users are in the Customer> Defaults> Multiplier Codes.
*Note* If this is the first time you are setting up a multiplier code for this customer, note that the system will display "None" with a priority of 1 and the following message will display:
Once the '+' icon is selected, the system will open the multiplier code window.
From the drop-down, select the matching code:
*Note* If you have not yet established multiplier codes in Administration, the drop-down will be blank. For more information on adding multiplier codes, see Creating Multiplier Codes.
Priority: A numeric value which will determine the placement of this code in the order and assignment details page multiplier code drop-down list. Priority 1 is the order multiplier default for the customer. Users may add as many as codes as necessary to a customer record, however, no two codes can share the same priority value.
The priority is automatically assigned as the next available number, following a standard numerical order. Click 'Submit' in the lower right to close the window and add the new multiplier code. Any/all saved codes will immediately display in the multiplier codes table.
Shifts are the customer specific start times, end times, break times, and days that employees are scheduled to work. Shifts that display here will automatically populate into the parallel shift fields within the 'Job Information' card of the 'Details' tab for all new orders for this customer.
To add a shift, select 'Shifts' from the defaults tab and icon to open the 'Shifts' window:
In the upper left hand corner, the system highlights the section users are currently viewing. The following example below shows users are in the Customer> Defaults> Shifts.
Select the '+' icon to open the 'Add Default Shift' wizard:
- Shift: (Required) A free text field (10 character limit) used to name/briefly describe the shift.
- Start Time: (Required) When the shift begins. The time the employee is expected to arrive.
- End Time: (Required) When the shift ends. The time the employee can expect to be done with work.
- Break Minutes: The length of time a customer has allotted for employee breaks in minutes.
- Days Worked: The days of the week the employee is expected to report to work at the customer.
- Notes: Notes strictly related to the shift that may be helpful to save.
- For example: “Crucial that employees are on time! They have a strict shift rollover schedule--3rd shift staff CANNOT punch out until 1st shift staff punches in!” Any notes entered display for reference only and do not appear elsewhere. They do not flow into orders, assignments, etc.
Click 'Submit' in the lower right to close the form and save the shift.
Select the 'dot' icon to edit or remove a saved shift:
*Note* The system shift defaults will disappear after at least one shift has been added. They will have to be recreated to utilize those shifts.
Setting up worker comp code defaults on the customer record allows you to set and rank the only available worker comp options on any order record for this customer. This can help reduce the chance of recruiters or sales selecting the incorrect worker comp code for any given order.
To Add a Default Worker Comp Code:
- Navigate to the Customer record
- Select Defaults > Worker Comp Code
- Select the '+' icon
- Choose the worker comp code and set a priority
- Select Submit