In HRCenter applicants/employees work with applications called "workflows". Every "workflow" in HRCenter is made up of "steps" and those steps are made up of "pages". An easy way to illustrate this is to think of workflows as a book and the steps are the chapters. That means that pages are the individual sections (ex. Work History, Education, Resume) an applicant will fill out during each step. There are three types of pages
- Information pages
- Survey pages
- Forms Pages
This document will detail and walk through how to create form pages.
Form Pages are made from forms that have been created using Form Builder. These pages will produce digital documents that will be saved on the employee's record. Any form that is built in form builder must be added as a page in order to be placed in a workflow.
Creating a New Form Page
From the 'Pages' section, select the 'New' button to create a page:
This will open the 'Create Page' Wizard:
Select the page type 'Form'. You may now name your page:
- The 'Internal Name' is the internal title for this page as it pertains to administration.
- The 'Display Name' is what applicants will see.
Often times the internal and display name can be the same.
Select the '>' icon to continue to step two:
On the next step of the wizard you may specify whether you would like to create a page using a premade form or if you wish to create a new custom form:
Premade forms are forms that have already been built within Form Builder. A form page may be composed of a single form from form builder or they be made from two forms. These forms will be merged into a single digital document that will be be deposited on the applicant/employee's record upon completion of processing.
Forms can be signed/filled out by the applicant, the service rep, or both.
Select the form each party should be interacting with, you may then determine whether the applicant/or service rep should sign/fill-out that document first or second.
Below are a couple examples of forms that might be set up and configured in this section:
Applicant Only Signed Form
In the example below the form will be composed of a direct deposit form, the applicant will be the only one to sign the document and upon finishing the document will be deposited on their record. With documents like this one the 'Service Rep' field and 'Service Rep Signer' Order field should be set to '--None--'
Applicant and Service Rep Signed Form
In the example below, the form page will be composed of two different versions of an offer letter form.
- One form has fields the applicant/employee is meant to edit and then sign
- The other has fields the service rep is intended to edit and sign.
In this example, the service rep will be interacting with the document first. After they have completed the document, the workflow/page will be available to the employee. This is an example of a service rep first page.
For more information about service rep first workflows' check out Recruiter First Workflows/Pages.
*Note* Signer order refers to the order the documents should be touched. If the applicant employee should sign a document first they should have their form set to '1' and the service rep should have theirs set to '2'.
The add localization option allows users to display the form in different languages:
*Note* If this page should be listed in any language other than English, the form needs to have already been built in the desired language via the HRCenter Form Builder.
After selecting 'add localization' you will be able to select the language representing the form:
Select the appropriate form for each party. When you have determined the correct form for the applicant and/or the service rep select 'Add'.
The localization will now display within the wizard. If you would like to remove the localization you may do so by selecting the 'x' icon. Select '>' to continue :
Create Custom Forms
Creating custom forms requires extensive knowledge of HTML. Premade forms can be built by novice users through the use of our HRCenter Form Builder. Please contact your TempWorks representative if you would like to discuss advanced configuration details and options.
Configuring a Form Page
Within this step, users will have the options to specify additional details related to their form page:
- Document Type- This field determines the type the document will be given when it is created and deposited on the employee's record.
- Form Destination- To have the document saved as a PDF, set this field to PDF.
- Large Document Viewer- Here you may add the URL provided by the 'Large Document Upload' tool. This tool is used to upload documents that are too large to be displayed normally in HRCenter. An example may be a large 20 page employee handbook or other documents of this kind. For more info check out Large Document Viewer.
- Large Document Viewer Instructions- This field is used in conjunction with the 'Large Document Viewer' to provide instructions to the applicant on how to interact with the document uploaded to the viewer. An example may be " Please read our employee handbook and sign the following document".
- Maximum and Minimum Documents- If the form was built with the intent of having the service rep upload a document in tandem with the created document, these fields may be used to force the processor to include an uploaded document(s) that will also be attached to final digital document. A common example is a document like an I-9 which would require a service rep to also upload valid I-9 documents (ID, passport, social security card).
*Note* The category, postfill, and prefill procedure fields are managed/used by TempWorks. Please contact your TempWorks representative if you would like to discuss advanced configuration details and options.
Select '>' to continue:
The final section of the wizard will provide a summary of the form page that will be created. After selecting the 'save' button, the page will be available to insert into a workflow or send to an applicant/employee as an individual page:
Additional Configuration Options
Once you have created your form as a page, it can now be added to a workflow. There are additional configurations to consider when utilizing forms in HRCenter.
In HRCenter Admin, Navigate to Tenants and take a look at Application configurations for more form related settings. These settings apply to the entire HRCenter tenant.
Include IP Address In Signature
When this option when turned on, it will include the users IP address in the e-signature stamp on the PDF document that is saved to the employee's record.
Signature in Cursive
When this option is turned on, after an applicant signs, the applicant's name will appear in cursive on the signature line in addition to the e-signature stamp.
When this option is turned on, the system will double check the signature versus the first and last name of the employee to ensure they are signing their own full name.