This document details the necessary steps to be followed in order to complete the Quarter End Processing in TempWorks Software.
*Note* This process should be completed at System or Entity level, depending on your company's internal hierarchy and database. If in doubt please contact the TempWorks Support Team.
Prior to exporting data for your Mag Media files, if you would like to export separately for different EINCs, you should know your EINCs prior to the export. You'll also want to have the Mag Media details set up.
Navigate to Administration, and Employers to find your EINC:
Double-click on the Employer to enter/view the Mag Media information:
*Note* this information should already be set up in your database.
*Note* Prior to Exporting Quarter End data, it is recommended you run the Data Integrity Check found in Step 1 of Year End.
To begin the Quarter End export, from your navigation bar, click on the Pay/Bill section.
Once in the Pay/Bill area, click on the Actions button and select Export.
After clicking on the Export button the export file box will be displayed.
- Select category: Select "Taxes" from this dropdown for Quarter End processing.
- Select procedure: Select "Quarterly Mag Media Files".
- Parameters: Enter the appropriate parameters in the respective fields:
- Year: Enter the desired Year
- Quarter: Enter the desired Quarter: 1, 2, 3 or 4
- Tax State: Enter the 2 character abbreviation for the desired state or leave blank if you would like to export Mag Media files for all states.
*Note* The State is an optional field. You can run the exports by state, or, if left blank exports will be produced for all states in which you have done business with this EINC.
- EINC: Enter the EINC Code for the Company you would like to export Mag Media files for. *Note - The EINC is an optional field, if left blank the Export will include files for all EINCs.
Once all parameters have been entered, click Export File in the bottom right.
This will produce the file(s) for the respective Quarter, EINC, and if indicated, State. Save the file(s) where desired.
Within the reports section of Enterprise are the reports which will support the files exported:
Quarter End Mag Media Employee Detail:
This report will display the total amounts per employee that were used in the mag media files for the selected year and quarter.
Quarter End Mag Media Files Summary:
This report will display a summary by Tax State for the selected year and quarter.