Three steps need to be completed to access PeopleNet import and export functionality:
1. PeopleNet must be enabled in licensing. Verify this by navigating to bridge.tempworks.com:
2. A service representative must have the PeopleNet security role. Depending on your role and permissions, this can be set up in Bridge (bridge.tempworks.com), within the administration area of Enterprise or, with the approval and backing of your Bridge Administrator, you may contact our support team and one of our analysts will be happy to assist you in granting a service rep the PeopleNet security role.
You may contact TempWorks support by phone or email:
3. PeopleNet must be setup in the administration area of TempWorks Enterprise. Enterprise passes information to and from PeopleNet. Items below marked by and (E) are items that require knowledge of Enterprise to set up. Items marked with a (P) are items that will have to be provided by PeopleNet.
How to Setup PeopleNet:
Navigate to all options ⇒ administration ⇒ external services ⇒ PeopleNet.
Once there, select the plus icon to open the PeopleNet area. A window will open for the required information. Notice, all fields are required:
Account Level: (E) This is used by Enterprise to determine where in the hierarchy this account is available. Options are: system, company (aka entity), branch, and service rep.
Ownership: (E) This is selected based on the account level. It specifies which company, branch or service rep has access to the account.
Username: (P) The username issued by PeopleNet.
Password: (P) The password issued by PeopleNet.
Upload Folder Path: (P) The location setup with PeopleNet for the upload file. This file will contain new and updated employee and assignment information.
Upload File Name: (P) The name of the file containing new and updated employee and assignment information.
Import Folder Path: (P) This is the path of the folder that will contain all of the time files for TempWorks to import. In some situations, time files may be placed in separate folders. The following is an example:
There are separate folders for each customer with a timeclock:
Once all three items have been completed, users will have the ability to import and export time by navigating to pay/bill and expanding the actions menu:
PeopleNet Customer Setup:
Before exporting assignment information into PeopleNet and/or importing PeopleNet time file(s), you have to connect the appropriate customers and orders to PeopleNet.
If, for example, you want to set up your customer with PeopleNet, you would navigate to the customer ⇒ defaults ⇒ PeopleNet
Once there, select to enable PeopleNet:
You will then have the option to mark new orders as PeopleNet orders by default and/or to apply all settings to departments:
Note: Any orders that were created prior to enabling PeopleNet on the cusotmer record will not be automatically marked as PeopleNet orders, even if mark new orders as PeopleNet orders by default was selected. This is not retroactive.
PeopleNet Order Setup:
Once the customer has been enabled with PeopleNet, the next step is to verify that orders for the customer are enabled, as well.
After creating a new order, navigate to the details page. There will be a PeopleNet box in the other information section.
The PeopleNet box will automatically be selected if the customer record has been set to mark new orders as PeopleNet orders by default.
Note: If the customer record is not set to mark new orders as PeopleNet orders by default, this option can be selected on the order, activating the integration for every assignment within this order.
Once the order has been setup to integrate with PeopleNet, any new assignments created will be integrated with PeopleNet.
Export Assignment Information to PeopleNet:
Steps to follow once PeopleNet has been integrated to export the assignment information:
1. Navigate to pay/billexpand the actions menu and select export assignment info to PeopleNet:
2. Provide the date range for assignments being uploaded to PeopleNet. The TempWorks default is to select the range of the current Weekend Bill (Monday - Sunday), however, the start date and end date can be determined by the user.
3. There is also an option to include previously uploaded assignments which have been recently uploaded:
Users may elect to include previously uploaded assignments which have been recently updated because, when modifications are made to Assignments and Employees:
- Enterprise will know which fields are relevant to PeopleNet.
- When any of these fields are modified on an assignment or employee, we will prompt them with the ability to update PeopleNet after the save if and only if the entity updated is related to an assignment which has been exported for upload. If the rep chooses to update the information, PeopleNet will be updated.
Note: At this point, if Next is selected, leaving the customer and department names blank, the export will include updated assignments for all PeopleNet customers for the date range specified. If you only want to upload assignments to PeopleNet for a specific customer or department, you may enter that information into the customer name and department name fields.
Based on the options selected the results will be returned:
Notice, there is an option to exclude any assignments included in the list:
Excluded transactions will then be listed separately in the list from the included transactions:
Once all transactions have been reviewed and the appropriate items have been excluded, select next to navigate to the final step.
During this last step, users can select one of three options:
1. Save file to your computer:
Select this option if you are not ready for the file to be uploaded to PeopleNet but would like to save it and have access to it for future use. You will be asked to provide a file name and location for the file to be stored on your computer:
2. Upload file to PeopleNet and mark assignments for future updates:
Select this option if you would like the file to be sent directly to PeopleNet's FTP system:
Note: TempWorks marks assignments for future updates because, let's say for example we export an assignment with a pay rate of $16.00 to PeopleNet with a date range of Monday - Wednesday. Later in the week, we export the same assignment but now for the days Thursday - Friday. Also, suppose we discovered the pay rate for the assignment should have been $17.00. Since we marked assignments for future updates, the second export will update the original export to set a pay rate of $17.00 for all days.
If the file already exists, there will be an option to overwrite the previous data.
3. Mark assignments for future updates:
If this option is selected, assignment will be marked to automatically update but no file will be uploaded to PeopleNet. then in the future, when you are ready to upload the assignments to PeopleNet, you will know the assignments include the most recent updates (if any exist).
Once completed, select Finish.
Import Time from PeopleNet:
Note: Before you select to Import PeopleNet time file, it is important to note that this information comes from PeopleNet, not TempWorks. Be sure you follow the approporate steps with PeopleNet so the file is available to import into TempWorks.
1. Once the import is ready from PeopleNet, navigate to pay/bill, expand the actions menu in Enterprise and select to import PeopleNet time file:
2. A prompt will ask for the file you wish to import:
3. Select the appropriate file from the list in the dropdown then select import file:
Note: After selecting a file to import into TempWorks, you may receive a warning the file has already been imported. If you elect to re-import a PeopleNet file, know that new timecards will be created for all transactions in the file, inevitably creating duplicate timecards.
A prompt will notify you that the import was successful:
After a file has been successfully imported, the timecards will instantaneously be marked as "claimed" and a proofing session will automatically generate:
The imported PeopleNet transactions may be edited/corrected/updated in time entry the same way as non-PeopleNet transactions.
Once you have proofed/confirmed that the transactions are correct, you may continue the pay/bill process as normal, with the new timecards imported from PeopleNet.