First Advantage background checks (formerly known as LexisNexis) deliver valuable insights that lead to smarter, more informed decisions and greater security for businesses. With the First Advantage integration you will be able to submit and process First Advantage checks and search for those checks from within the system.
This integration does require additional setup and an existing relationship with First Advantage. For more information about getting this setup, and pricing inquiries, please contact your TempWorks Account Manager.
Admin Setup of First Advantage
To configure First Advantage navigate to the External Services page within Enterprise Administration. Once there, select “First Advantage Primary Account” and link your account by clicking the + icon. This will open the First Advantage Authorization window:
- Account Level: Can be System, Company, Branch or Service Rep Level. The important thing to consider here is who within your company should have access to the integration—the whole company (System)? One Entity (Company)? One office (Branch)? One person (Service Rep)?
- Ownership: Select either your System or the specific Entity, Branch or Service Rep
- The specific account information, including the Username, Password & Account number is supplied by First Advantage
- Email: The address to be used with this account
Note: First Advantage Sub Account is an advanced First Advantage option, please discuss with your First Advantage Representative.
Request a First Advantage Background Check
Navigate to the record of the employee for whom you would like to process a background check then click on the (1.) actions menu then select (2.)Request First Advantage Background Check.
Once request First Advantage is selected the wizard will open and display the background check packages your company has subscribed to.
Select the package(s) you would like run on this employee by clicking to highlight them. A check mark will appear in the selected column of each package selected.
1. Copy to Applicant: Will email a copy of the request to your employee.
2. Client Reference: Can be used to reference the background check on the customer’s invoice. If this field is to be used, please communicate to your implementer, account or project manager the options you desire.
3. Special Instructions: For your own internal notation purposes only. Ex. "REQUIRED for employees working at ABC Company."
When done click next to move forward through the wizard.
If any required information is missing from or incorrect on the employee’s record the following warning will appear:
At this point, navigate back to the employee’s record and fix the missing information.
Once all information is correct the following message will appear:
Click Next to submit the First Advantage Background check.
The final form of the request process will allow an email to be sent to a predefined configurable email address by selecting the mail icon (this is the address which was established in the administration section of Enterprise at the beginning of the help document):
Results of a First Advantage Background Check:
To review the results of all First Advantage background checks navigate to (1.) All Options, (2.) External Services, (3.) First Advantage.
This will list everyone for which a background check was initiated. The results will display as well as the URL to where the results are found on the First Advantage site.
Right click on any line to:
- Post the results to the employee Record
- View the employee
- View the report
View report will display the report from First Advantage:
The results for specific employee’s First Advantage background check is visible on the employee’s record within the employee/integrations/First Advantage area: