What is ACA?
ACA refers to the Affordable Care Act that requires the tracking of employee's hire status and insurance offerings to ensure all employers are offering their qualifying employees insurance benefits. TempWorks helps you keep track of the important information for Affordable Care Act requirements and allows you to easily audit employee records for accuracy.
Administration & ACA
If you are a system admin, you will need to consider the following options for setting up ACA tracking and related information including insurance benefits.
- Start by setting up your ACA tracking Method in the system. There are two options for ACA tracking in TempWorks:
- Decide which of your staff will need access to ACA related information and then check out ACA Admin: ACA Permissions & Security to set them up correctly
- Grab your insurance plan details and then set up your employee and employer paid insurance portions under adjustments. Check out ACA Admin: Setting Up ACA Adjustments in Administration for more information.
- If you plan on passing some ACA charges to your customers, check out ACA Admin: Setting Up ACA Surcharges for Customers.
Once your admin has your system set up and ready for ACA information, have your team check out the following options to review ACA related functionality in the system:
- Users that will document hire dates and insurance statuses should check out Setting ACA Hire Dates for Employees
- ACA Super Users should review ACA Overrides for Super Users
- Payroll or other staff that are setting up insurance adjustments should check out Managing ACA Adjustments for Employees
- Billing Clerks or Sales that may be adjusting surcharge rates for customers should check out ACA Surcharge Overrides for Customers
- Managers, HR staff, or anyone auditing ACA information on records should check out the following:
- If you are utilizing the ACA Enhanced Module, check out ACA Enhanced Module for more information.