And just like that, another year has come and gone. With 2021 in the rearview, it's time to focus on 2022 with all the resolutions that it brings. Of course, a new year also brings new tax updates!
This release also brings fixes for other TempWorks products and some additions to Year End functionality.
*Note* For all self-hosted clients, as always, ensure you install all updates to give your users the best experience and new features. Review the instructions at the end of the release notes to avoid potential user impact.
- Fixed an error related to E-Verify accessibility.
- Fixed a validation issue when merging Employee records from resume uploading.
- Fixed an issue where local PA taxes were being removed from Employees living in PA with the “Tax by Employee State” checkbox being checked.
- Fixed an Ohio School District tax calculation issue based on Earned Income Base School Districts.
- Updated a warning message that will appear once one user is making an invoice payment and another user abandons that same Invoice Payment session.
- Updated the Ohio Mag Media ICESA file for Q4 of 2021 based on new standards issued by the state.
- Fixed an error that would occur when previewing an HRCenter page that requires a Service Rep signature first.
- Fixed an issue with the New York Withholding 2021 form where it was not pulling in State Exemptions.
- Fixed an issue where HRCenter applicants weren’t having their SSN’s cross-checked between all EINC’s, which could have resulted in the creation of a duplicate Employee record.
- Updated COVID-19 Pay Code taxability based on the American Rescue Plan Act and updated the Federal 941 report to reflect the updates.
- Added a new Tax Calculation Type for the WALTC (Washington Long Term Care) Jurisdiction with an amount of 0.58%.
- States (and D.C.) with tax updates for 2022:
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
Year End Updates:
- Added additional options once “Form W2 - Use 9.5% of Gross“ has been selected within the “Which Safe Harbor Rule did your company use?“ dropdown of the 1094c/1095c Worksheet within Enterprise.
- Added a new “Updates Log“ button within the 1094/1095 Worksheet under the “Override” section, once an updated file has been uploaded via the “Override/Update 1094-C/1095-C Data“ button. Once selected, this will show a log of the uploaded files.
- Canadian Zip Codes will no longer appear incorrectly within Error #76 of the Data Integrity Check report.
- The Error #69 within the Data Integrity Check report will now show adjustments that exceed a character length of 8.
- The Error #74 within the Data Integrity Check report will now show incorrect US Zip Codes.
- Error messages within the Year End Verification report will now be grouped together for better readability.
- Fixed a repeating data issue within the Year End Verification report.
- Fixed a formatting issue within the Year End Verification report.
- Fixed a grammatical error within Error #76 of the Data Integrity Check report.
- Fixed an error that would occur when selecting the “Verify Data” step of the Year End Worksheet.
Self-Hosted Notes :
1.) API database server changes require a manual SQL migration script (20211231_self-hosted_sql_migrations.ps1 from the TempWorks GitHub repository ) to be applied using appropriate paths:
> powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File .\20211231_self-hosted_sql_migrations.ps1 C:\ProgramData\TempWorks\config\login-server
2.) Ensure that previous migration scripts have been applied. In particular: 20211217_self-hosted_sql_migrations.ps1 from the TempWorks GitHub repository.
*Important* Failure to apply these changes may result in an interruption to user browser sessions in Beyond and prevent users from logging in.
Congratulations! You've made it to the end of the release notes. Like what you read? Click the thumbs up below.