It's officially here, the first day of Fall (well, the 22nd was anyway) which means the pumpkin spice is flowing, the leaves are changing, and the weather is starting to get cooler.
This release brings updates to the report viewer in Beyond, the ability to create resumes from employee and job order candidate records in Beyond, Phase 1 of multiple location-based accruals, and additional fixes across TempWorks products.
*Self-Hosted Action Required - Beyond & APIv3* As of the 9/9/2022 release, updates to Beyond and the API ("APIv3") are released under a version tag of "windows" (formerly "latest-1809"). It is required that self-hosted customers update the configuration of their environment to refer to this tag prior to 10/31/2022 in order to continue receiving updates for these products and services.
Additional information regarding this change can be found within the Self-Hosted note at the bottom of this article.
As always, ensure you install all updates to give your users the best experience and new features.
Enterprise - Multiple Location-Based Accrual Overrides
*Attention: Take action now to avoid breaking changes*
TempWorks is adding manual location-based accrual override setup to replace the automatic overrides. If you would like to maintain the previous functionality where a city-level accrual takes precedence over a state-level accrual, you must manually set the city-level accrual to override the state-level accrual. The manual setup is available now, and the changes will take effect beginning the first release of November (expected 11/4).
For more information on setting up the manual overrides, please see the following article titled Multiple Location-Based Accruals.
Beyond - Create Employee Resumes
The ability to create resumes from employee records and job order candidates has been added to Beyond.
*Note* For more information on this functionality, please see the article titled Beyond - Creating an Employee Resume.
Updates to Beyond Report Viewer
Two updates have been made to the report viewer within Beyond:
*Note* These pieces of functionality have not been added to any TempWorks default report in Beyond. If you would like this functionality added to your custom reports in Beyond, like Enterprise, please contact TempWorks Support.
- Added the “SSN” and “How Heard Of” fields within Quick Add > Employee.
- Fixed an issue preventing searches from being exported in Excel format.
- Fixed an issue where the resume parser in Beyond would not recognize the file as a parsed resume.
- Fixed an issue where E-Verify cases that are found from duplicate SSN’s are unable to be submitted when the duplicate cases have been closed.
- Fixed an issue where text was unable to be added to the body of an email when emailing an employee through Beyond > Employee Quick View.
- Fixed an issue where the “Help” button would no longer navigate to the appropriate Knowledge Base article.
- Fixed an issue where the “Performance Code” filter would not function as intended within the “Turnover Detail” report.
- Updated the default paycheck to include multiple location-based accruals, for example, multiple CA accruals.
As of the 9/9/2022 release, updates to Beyond and the API ("APIv3") are released under a version tag of "windows" (formerly "latest-1809"). It is required that self-hosted customers update the configuration of their environment to refer to this tag prior to 10/31/2022 in order to continue receiving updates for these products and services.
Docker environment configurations and/or update scripts will need to be updated to refer to this new version. Each environment is slightly different, so be sure to update the appropriate `.env`, `docker-compose.yml`, or environment parameters to ensure that the following image references are used (ex: rather than `tempworks/beyond:latest-1809`):
Congratulations! You've made it to the end of the release notes. Like what you read? Click the thumbs up below.