What is a Prospect?
Prospect records allow you to quickly record and manage potential new customers or contacts, making it easier for your sales team to collect the information they need. Prospect records include the ability to track basic information, log messages and save documents electronically.
*Note* Prospects are only available in Beyond.
This article reviews:
- Select the button in the upper right of Beyond
- Select Prospect
- Enter information:
- Name - name of company or contact (Required)
- Source - where did this contact come from
- Phone and/or email
- Address of business, if applicable
- Select Submit
If you are utilizing Address Standardization configuration for Prospect records, there will be an additional step to verify the address against the USPS database. For more information, see Beyond - Address Standardization.
The prospect record is comprised of 5 tabs:
The prospect visifile, by default, has the following cards of information:
- Snapshot - quick set of information
- Select the button and choose customize fields to add or remove different fields from this card
- Messages - displays recent messages logged on this record
- Contacts - displays a list of any contacts related to this prospect record
- Documents - displays list of documents attached to this record
The prospect visifile, like all visifiles in Beyond, is customizable. For more information check out Beyond - The Visifile.
This tab contains information including status, address, and more.
This card contains basic information including the prospect name, status, and contact methods.
This card contains the address for the prospect. To edit or add the address to a record select the button.
This card allows you to create contacts related to the prospect record. If the prospect you created is a business, this section will allow you to track people who work at this prospect and their contact information.
To Add a Contact
This tab allows you to drag and drop electronic documents to save with this prospect record. This includes scanned business cards, emails, or quotes related to this potential customer.
To Add a Document
- Select the
- Drag and drop or click to select a file from your computer
- Enter the following information:
- Document Type
- Expiration Date (optional)
- Select Submit
This tab allows you to see a complete history of messages logged on the prospect record.
To Log a Message
- Select the + from the messages or visifile tab
- Enter the message
- Select a Message Action Code
- Select Submit
*Note* Message action codes available to prospects are set up by your administration. See Administrator Manual for more information.
This tab contains any additional fields you would like to track on a prospect's record.
Select the next to the field you want to update.
*Note* Custom Data fields available on the prospect record are set up by your administration. See How to Set up and Manage Custom Data for more information.
You can search for a prospect record by selecting in the upper left or from within the menu > Records:
The prospect search screen has 3 options:
Right click on a search result to see a quick view of the record:
See Beyond - Quick View for more information on quick views.