If you want to log into Enterprise on an Apple Computer, you will need to set up the Microsoft Remote Desktop App on your device.
In order to log into Enterprise from a Mac, you will need to have the following:
- Your computer is running Mac OSX 10.13 or newer with a 64 bit processor
- You know your TempWorks issued login
- You know your TempWorks issued server address (https://apps.ontempworks.com)
- You have the official Microsoft Remote Desktop application installed from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id1295203466?mt=12
*Note* TempWorks does not officially support Apple Computers as a preferred device when accessing Enterprise via https://apps.ontempworks.com.
This article includes the following:
The first time you open your Microsoft remote desktop app, you will need to set it up to log into TempWorks Enterprise.
*Note* If you have not installed the Microsoft Remote Desktop application, you will need to do that first. Please note that the Microsoft Remote Desktop is a different application than the older Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac:
Setting Up Enterprise in the Microsoft Remote Desktop App
The first time you download the application you will need to set up the App to connect to Enterprise.
- Once your download is complete, Open the Microsoft Desktop Application either from Finder > Applications or from the launchpad
- Select the + button in the upper left and choose Add Workspace
- Enter the TempWorks URL: HTTPS://apps.ontempworks.com
- Select Add
- Enter your TempWorks Credentials provided by your admin (don't forget to start with HOST\)
- Select Continue
- Select the Enterprise Icon
- You may be asked to enter your credentials again
- Enterprise will open within the Microsoft Remote Desktop Application
Setting Up Document Access
Similar to Mapping Drives on the PC, If you are uploading or downloading files from Enterprise, you will need to make sure the Microsoft Remote Desktop is accessing the right folders on your computer. This is important if you are uploading employee documents or even downloading reports. We recommend setting this up when you are not actively logged into Enterprise.
Use the following steps to set up a default folder for Enterprise to access.
- Open the Microsoft Desktop Application
- Navigate to the Gear icon in the upper left
- Select Preferences
- At the bottom select the drop down under "If folder redirection is enabled for RDP Files or managed resources, redirect:"
- Select Choose Folder
- Select your computer name under users or select a shortcut folder from finder on the left
- Make sure you are selecting a folder you recognize from your computer to be able to access the documents you are looking for
- Select Choose
- You can now close the window and your preference will be saved
Once you have completed the setup steps above, when you want to log in, use the following steps:
- Open the Microsoft Desktop Application either from Finder > Applications or from the launchpad
- Select Workspaces
- Select Enterprise
- You may be prompted to enter your TempWorks Username and Password
*Note* For further help from Microsoft regarding the Remote Desktop Connection: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-mac.