Hope this brings a little 🌞 to your day!
NOTICE: Keep up with COVID-19 related updates as we continue to make changes in compliance with new acts and regulations. Check out Coronavirus, FFCRA, & Paid Sick Leave for more information on on the payroll, message action, and document updates. Stay updated by subscribing to our COVID-19 category:
*Note* For all self-hosted clients, as always, ensure you install all updates to give your users the best experience and new features. There is an additional note for self-hosted users at the end of this article.
2020 I-9 Update
After lots of client requests and feedback, we've updated the classic, mobile, and Spanish (for Puerto Rico) versions of our default I-9 in HRCenter to require a SSN.
If your team decides they do not want to require the SSN field, please contact TempWorks Support Team to change this setting in your system.
COVID UPDATE: CARES Act PPP Report
To help your team with grabbing a payroll costs and headcount breakdown for the PPP Loan Application, we've added a new report. This is related to the recently passed Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
Check out CARES Act PPP Loan Report for more information.
Texting in Beyond with Zipwhip
We've released our first texting integration in Beyond. Now you can send mass text messages to employee's or contacts using Beyond and Zipwhip. Text messages are logged on the employee's or contact's record as a message.
Check out Beyond - Using Zipwhip for more information on how the integration works and Beyond - Setting Up Zipwhip for more information on how to get started.
- We've added a new export to meet IL withholding requirements. Check out our IL 941 Export for more information.
- OH school district 1207 has been renamed to "Clark-Shawnee LSD"
- The supervisor field found on the employee's record under the story tab > work history has now been separated into the following fields:
- Supervisor First Name , Supervisor Last Name, Supervisor Title, and Supervisor Email
- Those that have been using the "supervisor" field for the full supervisor name can convert this into the new fields by editing the work history item - Check out Beyond - How to Create an Employee Record Story for more information.
- The work history address now has the option for address standardization and will now have a convert option for any imported addresses that come in as one field instead of broken out into address line 1, 2, city, state, etc. Check out Beyond - How to Create an Employee Record Story for more information.
- Fixed an issue where work history address was not formatted correctly when city and state were blank
- The employee pay setup screen has been updated to show the Dependents field for State W-4s for those in the 2020 W4 tax year. This has also caused other fields to be moved around on the page (ex. Local taxes are now found on the right side of the screen)
- The proofing report has been updated to more accurately sort by employee, customer, or sequence entered.
- California W-4 form has been updated to the 2020 version
- Fixed an issue on the Availability Information page where checking the boxes did not clear the required text
- Fixed an issue where localization (Spanish translation) options were not saving on some pages during page creation
- Updated to the newest URLs for Insight Background Checks
1.) Login server changes require a manual SQL migration script (20200417_self-hosted_sql_migrations.ps1 from the TempWorks GitHub repository) to be applied using appropriate paths:
> powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File .\20200417_self-hosted_sql_migrations.ps1 C:\ProgramData\TempWorks\config\login-server
2.) Upcoming background check functionality requires a 'JobServiceUrl' configuration value to be added to the ConnectionStrings section of api-jobservice-server appsettings (see this example). Be careful to maintain valid JSON!
Congratulations! You've made it to the end of the release notes. Like what you read? Click the thumbs up below.