What are Email Templates?
Email templates allow you customize emails that are sent to large numbers of employees or customer contacts.
In this article:
- How to Use Email Templates in Beyond
- Utilizing Personalized Information
- Additional Options
- Creating Your Own Email Templates
At this time, Beyond email templates can only be used for emails you send to employees or customer contacts. This means there are only two template types to choose from: Employee Templates and Contact Templates.
The following personalized email data fields work in Beyond:
|Field Name||Employee Template||Contact Template|
You can use email templates anytime you use email in Beyond. Keep in mind that when you email employees, you will only see Employee Templates. When you are emailing customer contacts, you will only see Contact Templates. (For more information on template types, check out How to Set up and Utilize Email Templates in Enterprise.)
*Note* Before you can utilize email templates in Beyond, you must first set up your initial email in Beyond. Check out Beyond - Email Setup for more information.
To utilize our email templates, check out the following 2 step process:
You can use email templates to send an email to either one employee/customer contact or multiple employees/customer contacts.
To email one employee or customer contact:
- Select their email on their record.
- A pop-up will ask "How would you like to compose this email?" Select Use Beyond. This will open the email composer.
To email multiple employees or contacts:
- Select employees or customer contacts from the Search Results.
- Once you have selected your desired number of recipients, click the bright pink tab on the upper left of your search results. (See example below. The text on this pink tab will vary depending on the number of emails you select and whether you're emailing employees or customer contacts.)
- Once you click the pink tab, you will see a drop-down menu. Select Email Recipients. This will open the email composer.
To learn more, check out Beyond - How to Email in Beyond.
*Note* When you select an email template, it will clear anything you have written in the compose section.
- Select the Email Templates icon, located on the bottom right of the email composer
- Select your desired template
The template will fill the body of the email:
Seeing Personalized Information
Sending out a mass email doesn't have to feel impersonal. Our email templates auto-populate with specific information from individual contacts, ensuring that each recipient receives a personalized email.
For example, take an email's standard greeting. For most emails, you will probably prefer the greeting to begin with an individual recipients name. Our email templates ensure this happens.
When you first select the email template, it will look like this in the composition field:
But when a contact receives the email, they will only see their own name in the greeting:
You can also customize personalized fields after you've selected a template. To do this, follow these steps:
- Move your cursor to the place in you want to insert a new field.
- Select the Email Templates icon on the lower right.
- Select your desired personalized field (Primary phone, first name, last name, Street 1, etc)
- The email will now auto populate with the correct information from each individual recipient.
*Note* You can also add information fields to the subject line to customize the email it.
Once you've added an email template, you can still use a lot of the customization options that Beyond Email has to offer. Here are some ideas to take your email a step farther:
- Type in additional information or format text
- Add your signature
- CC an email (note that when you CC someone on a templated email, they will be copied on the email to each individual)
- Don't forget to add your message action code!
Looking for more information on all the options available, check out Beyond - How to Email in Beyond.
Beyond email templates are created in Enterprise. This means that if you wish to format and write your own email templates to use in Beyond, you will need to go back to Enterprise. Check out How to Set up and Utilize Email Templates in Enterprise to learn how to create email templates.