Welcome to July! This release brings improvements to basic and advanced searching in Beyond, the ability to manage employee taxes in Beyond, and more fixes across TempWorks products.
*Action Required - Beyond* Beginning this release (7/1/2022), only users who have the “Can view Employee Pay History pages” permission will be able to access Pay History on an employee’s profile.
To avoid interrupting users’ access to Employee Pay History information, we recommend ensuring that users who should have access to an employee’s Pay History are set up with a security group that contains the “Can view Employee Pay History pages” permission.
This permission is automatically included within the following default security groups:
- TempWorks Default - Staffing Specialist
- TempWorks Default - Pay Clerk
- TempWorks Default - Administrator
- TempWorks Default - Front Office Manager
This change is in preparation for additional Pay History pages that are being developed for the employee record in Beyond.
For more information on managing permissions in Beyond, please see the article titled Beyond - Managing Security Groups.
*Note* For all self-hosted clients, as always, ensure you install all updates to give your users the best experience and new features. Review the instructions at the end of the release notes to avoid potential user impact.
Beyond - Manage Employee Taxes
The ability to manage employee taxes has been added to Beyond. This includes the ability to add/edit jurisdictions, taxability statuses, amounts, and more.
*Note* For more information on this functionality, please see the article titled Beyond - How to Manage Employee Taxes.
Beyond - Searching Enhancements
Basic and advanced search functionality within Beyond has been improved with the following additions:
- Optimized the time it takes to load employee accrual history.
- Fixed a validation error that would occur when selecting an associated customer for a contact.
- Fixed an issue where the Pay Code dropdown would only display 10 Pay Codes when punching into an On-Site Time Clock.
- Updated the Texas Quarterly Mag Media file to include a 6th column to hold employee wages earned out of state.
- Updated the Year End Verification report to include 1099 errors.
- Optimized the DOL Head Count report to reduce the amount of time needed for the report to run.
- Fixed a query execution error that would be received when running the Local Tax Detail report.
- Fixed an issue with the Year End Verification report where errors were not appearing as intended.
- Fixed an issue where pushed checks would not group correctly for vendor clients with the “Invoice Pay Required“ option selected.
- Fixed an issue where Dependencies would not show as a dollar amount within standard paycheck reports according to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA).
- Fixed an issue within the Sales Analysis Four Week Comparison report where results were being duplicated for each week when the report is run at System hierarchy level.
Login server changes require a manual SQL migration script (20220617_self-hosted_sql_migrations.ps1 from the TempWorks GitHub repository ) to be applied using appropriate paths:
> powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File .\20220617_self-hosted_sql_migrations.ps1 C:\ProgramData\TempWorks\config\login-server
This was released in conjunction with the 6/17 release, but originally omitted from the 6/17 release notes.
Congratulations! You've made it to the end of the release notes. Like what you read? Click the thumbs up below.