What is a Customer Record?
The Customer section of Enterprise contains your prospect, current, and any past customers you have worked with. These records are filled with relevant sales, and contract related information as well as invoice options, etc.
This Article Covers:
Adding a Customer Record
*Note* When adding a customer, or any record in your system, be mindful of your current hierarchy level.
- Navigate to the Customer option on your navigation tree and select the + option (or use the keyboard shortcut Alt + 2)
- A new window will open, enter the customer name as you want it to appear on the record
- Optionally, enter the following information:
- Address: This should be the main location address. Entering the address here populates on the details page and creates your first worksite for this customer. (we highly recommend adding an address). If you have address standardization turned on, you may be required to standardized the address entered before continuing.
- Default Worker Comp: If this is a prospect you are entering, don't worry too much about this option as it can be changed later in defaults.
- Phone/Email: This would be a phone or email that is not for a specific person/contact like the general phone number for this business. Documenting this can be helpful for cold calls, etc.
- Sales & Service Information: Information such as Account Manager, Sales Team, etc. appear under the sales & service section of the customer record and can always be updated there.
- Terms: This is saved under the credit and payroll section on the customer record and determines when an invoice is overdue. Typically this is updated after the contract is signed and does not need to be changed here.
- Notes: Anything entered here will appear on the notes visifile section. Notes here should always be applicable and important since they have no name or date/time stamp associated with them. For other notes and converstation information, we recommend logging a message.
- Select Save
By default, the customer record will be saved with a Prospect status.
*Note* Wondering about the defaulted information?
The avatar area displays the Enterprise customer avatar, customer name, department name, ID number, and contact Information as well as indicating if they are an active customer.
If the customer is currently active the (1.) indicator in the middle will be green.
If they are inactive the indicator will be off: If/when a customer has any incomplete tasks linked to their record the (2.) tasks icon will display.
(3.) Add a new record: Opens the "add new customer" form.
(4.) Actions menu: Displays a variety of options and functionality to run on the customer record.
*Note* The options displayed in the actions will be based upon the security role of the user and your organization's integration(s).
(5.) Reports: Display customer-specific reports for the record currently in view.
(6.) Favorites: Functioning in a similar fashion to a web browser's bookmarks, this allows a user to set an unlimited number of their favorite contact records and quickly access them.
(7.) View this page as a separate window: Opens up a second window displaying the current page being viewed, allowing the user to view contact information while navigating elsewhere in Enterprise.
(8.) Search: Brings users to the contact search section of Enterprise.
9.&10. Previous and Next search result: Clicking the (9.) up arrow will take the user to the same page of the customer record being viewed, but on the previous record in the last customer search result. Clicking the (10.) down arrow will take the user to the next customer search result, also displaying the same page of their record. This help document will give users an in depth look at functionality available within the (4.) actions menu and (5.) reports icon.
Expanding the (4.) actions menu will display an array of options available on this customer record:
a. Add Department: Opens the “add new department” form and will create a new department record directly beneath the customer record you are currently viewing.
b. Add to Hotlist: Opens the “add hotlist members for customer” form where you can add the open customer record to an existing hotlist or create a new hotlist.
c. Assign Time Clock to Customer: Opens the “assign time clock to customer” form.Note: This functionality is used in conjunction with TempWorks TimeClocks which is an ancillary product. Please contact a TempWorks Sales Representative or your Account Manager for more information on this web solution.
d. Change Parent Customer: Opens the “move customer” form and allows users to change the location of the customer/department within a customer hierarchy.
Change Parent Customer Example: Let’s say we created a sales department beneath the manufacturing department of a customer, when really it should have been created directly beneath the primary department. In that case, our customer hierarchy would resemble the following:
To fix our mistake, we navigate to the (11.) sales department and from the (12.) actions menu select (13.) change parent customer.
With the “move customer” form now open, simply begin typing the name of the customer you would like to move the department to, or select the appropriate customer record from the dropdown.
*Note* Only primary/root customer records will display in the dropdown. Once you find and select the correct root customer, you will be able to further drill into that customer’s hierarchy and delegate which department is to be the new parent customer of the record you are moving.
Selecting the (14.) carrot icon will expand the customer hierarchy, then simply select (highlight) the record that you would like to be the parent customer for the department. In our example, we would select “Primary” and then save.
To verify the change has taken place, we can go back to the departments form within customer details and view the updated hierarchy:
Upon selecting yes, a new zero dollar invoice will be created and viewable for future reference in the invoice history section of the customer record.
f. Gross Profit Calculator: Opens the gross profit calculator so that users may calculate the estimated gross profit percentage and amount based on the pay rate, bill rate, duration and estimated hours per week worked.
g. Mass update rates: Opens the mass update options for assignments. Check out Enterprise - How to Mass Update Assignment Rates for more information.
h. New Customer Contact: Opens the “add new contact form” and automatically associates the new contact with the customer and department record you are currently viewing.
i. New Order: Opens the “new order” form and automatically associates the new order with the customer and department record you are currently viewing. Additionally, the order type will default to “Temp.”
j. New Task: Opens the “task details” form and automatically assigns the task to the logged in service rep and links the task to the currently open customer and department record.
Expand details by selecting the arrow icon to view recent tweets:
m. View Assignments: Automatically runs a search with results displaying all active and inactive assignments for the open customer record.
n. View Orders: Automatically runs a search with results displaying all orders (active and inactive, as well as filled and unfilled) for the open customer record.*Note: When selecting view active assignments, view assignments, or view orders from the customer actions menu, it is important to note whether you are running this search with the customer tree toggle button (located on the customer visifile) set to “Master View” or “Account View.” Master view will display information/data for the entire customer tree, while account view will only display information/data for the open department record:
- When the customer tree icon displays as , only information for the specific level of the customer record you are currently viewing (the specific department) will be displayed.
- When the customer tree icon displays as , all contacts, sales figures, messages, etc. that apply to the customer you are viewing, including all associated departments will display.
Customer Reports Menu
Clicking on the (5.) reports icon will display the reports menu for the customer. When running reports via the reports icon, the Customer ID field will automatically be filled upon opening the report and thus will only pull data related to that Customer.