This document provides guidance for Self-Hosted TempWorks customers who wish to upgrade from WebCenter 6 to WebCenter 6.5. Please note: These are technical instructions that should be provided to your I.T. staff. Customers hosted by TempWorks can disregard these instructions, as the TempWorks team has already upgraded your WebCenter to version 6.5.
Steps to update WebCenter 6 to WebCenter 6.5:
- Log into Tempworks Bridge
- Under the download section, download the new WebCenter 6.5 zip files to your web server.
- Create a WebCenter6.5 folder under the root Tempworks folder located in the inetpub folder.
- Unzip the download and copy the files to the new folder.
- Click here to download the example WebCenter Config File
- Follow the instructions below for updating the web.config file to work with your system.
- Place the modified web.config file in the WebCenter6.5 folder.
- In IIS, look for the application called WebCenter.
- Right click on the application and go to “Manage Website” and then “Advanced Settings”.
- In the dialog, you will want to update the “Physical Path” field with the file path to the WebCenter6.5 folder you created.
Updating sample web.config file:
- Update the connection string:
- ^Server Name^ copy from the database connection string of your previous web.config
- ^Database Name^ copy from the database connection string of your previous web.config
- ^User Name^ copy from the database connection string of your previous web.config
- ^Password^ copy from the database connection string of your previous web.config
- Everywhere there is a ******, copy the setting values from your previous web.confg
- At the bottom of the web.config file, there is another ****** config value that needs to be updated for the setting "WebCenter_Web_RSWebReference_ReportingService2010"
Configuring SMTP settings:
- Go to the Admin config tab and under the Notification category find the four SMTP configurations. Add new rules for the for configurations with your SMTP information. If you don’t require authentication, you can skip adding rules to the UserName and Passowrd configs.