Funding Clients: How to Manage Processing Fees

Adjustment Fees

Some jurisdictions allow companies to charge a fee for the processing of a garnishment (such as child support for example). These are generally low dollar adjustments ($2.00 for example), and they may be either paid to an authority or collected by you, the employer managing the garnishment.

If the processing fee is being paid to an authority: 

Select the adjustment of GarnFee 1, GarnFee 2, or GarnFee 3 and associate the authority the fee is being paid to.

If the processing fee is being collected by you/the employer: 

Select the adjustment of ProcessFee. Do not link an authority, instead the garnishment fee will simply be deducted from the employee's check.

Related Articles

  • None